Theft from motor vehicle
Message from the Community Warden.
A theft from a motor vehicle has occurred in the Roman Way area of St Margaret’s at Cliffe, Dover between the times of 2030 hours on the 4th December and 2130 hours on the same day.
Entry was gained and a Sony mobile phone was stolen.
If you have any information which may be useful to the investigation of this incident please call 101 and quote crime report number – ZY/60108/17
Thank you for your cooperation.
General vehicle security
- Photograph your vehicle – noting any identifiable marks.
- Security-mark your vehicle. Etch the windows and other areas with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), making it more difficult to be sold on.
- Lock all doors and windows every time you leave your vehicle and if you’ve got an alarm or immobiliser, use it.
- Consider fitting anti-tamper screws to your number plate to reduce the risk of theft.
- Make sure your vehicle and its contents are insured and your policy is updated as soon as anything changes.
- Consider using a lockable fuel cap and investing in a steering or gear lock.
- Drive a 4×4 or large vehicle? Security mark and secure your catalytic converter as these are easier to remove.